Thursday, September 24, 2009

Home from the hospital

We finally got to get out of the hospital. Perhaps we were a bit tricking in getting out but you gotta do what you gotta do. My mom and I had to force Parker to take his meds and drink (most of which he spit out). I knew that he would do much better once we got home.

When we got home I was able to get him to take Tylenol and my mom was able to bribe him into taking his antibiotic with a sucker. Then I was off to bed. I had very little sleep and felt like a zombie. I slept for a couple of hours and I guess Parker did too. When I got up he seemed to be feeling pretty good. He played and was talking and was almost his normal self. We even convinced him to take a bath. He made a giant mess splashing in the water and throwing a rag but it made him happy. He got Mema very wet and she even had to change clothes. But at least he was happy. Mema decided that she would leave since he was doing so good. After she left he ate 3 Popsicles and wanted to play outside until Daddy came home.

He played outside more once Daddy came home and then he sat still for 2 min. and fell fast asleep. It was really too late for a nap and too early for bed time so I let him take a short power nap and then woke him up. He played more and was peppy. Kris and I were even able to convince him to take his pain medicine which tastes terrible. I was so excited because that means I would only have to wake him up once instead to twice in the middle of the night.

He went to bed about 9pm without a whine. He was still sound asleep when I had to wake him up at 2am for more meds. He was not happy I woke him up and I had to force the medicine down but he went right back to sleep.

When he woke up this morning he was grumpy and did not want to his medicine but I managed to get it down. Today has been a rough day for him. (Everyone said this day would probably be the worst....and so far it has.) He has had moments of happiness but mostly lost of whining. I am hoping this is the worst of it. I am ready for things to be back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment